Vengir is one of the 12 tribes in the game. There is much debate over their origins, although the most popular ideas are a nuclear wasteland, Kazakhstan or a fantasy realm. The Vengir start with the Smithery technology, along with a Swordsman.
In-game description:"Frowned upon by the other tribes and pushed back into the unpleasant wastelands. Will they tolerate this injustice or rise to fight back?"
- Fruit: Purple mushrooms
- Land: Black ground
- Forests: Dead sycamore trees with a few purple leaves and a skull on the ground.
- Animals: Rhino-pigs (Quote Midjiwan)
- Mountains: Black spikes
- Cities: Black spires, some with more points, some with windows and purple roofs
- Helmet: Gray, two spikes on the sides, one on top
- Color: White
The Vengir start off with one Swordsman, and can create a second one on Turn 1. The Swordsman gives a huge advantage over other tribes during the early rounds if you spawn near tribes. In 1v1 domination games, the Vengir can win games without losing a single unit.
However, the Vengir can easily lose momentum as their native territory has very few resources apart from farms. This means you must quickly capture neutral and enemy villages to get more income. Be careful though, as more villages captured means higher tech prices, as well as more enemies that will find you.
Strategies Against Vengir Edit
In the early rounds, Vengir AI tribes pose a huge threat due to their superior troops. However, there are ways to survive an early Vengir attack:
- City walls: The Luxidoor start off with a city wall. Since attackers often attack city units first, you can wear down Vengir at your capital, and then finish them off with warriors.
- Catapults: Quickly research Mathematics as soon as possible and build Catapults. Their high damage can eliminate slow Swordsmen before they have a chance to counterattack. Since Vengir use almost exclusively Swordsmen even later in game, Catapult rushing is a very effective way to deal with them.
- Don't go on the offensive: Sending a group of warriors to fight Vengir is usually a bad idea. Swordsmen outclass Warriors and will easily destroy them. This will serve only to make their units stronger as Veterans and waste your resources.
- Don't upgrade cities that are lost. Once they get captured, you will only help your enemy. Rather upgrade safe cities that are located in the back.
- Research Shields and produce Defenders as soon as possible. Try to spot as much of the (enemy) territory as possible so you can react more efficiently to future attacks.
- Try to capture as many cities as possible. While this is common sense in general, it's especially important against Vengir. Not only does it allow you to produce more units (in a short time) to defend, but also buys you a lot of time, which you will need to upgrade your cities and research further technologies
- If you are getting crushed and have a port, try to capture a naval city. Vengir have weak economy, especially on their own biome, which should give you enough time to gain naval control.
Vengir Retribution Strategy Edit
Vengir Theme Edit
- Vengir is one of the six tribes that have been recorded spawning on 1x1 islands. The other tribes are the Ai-Mo, the Aquarion, the Hoodrick, the Oumaji, and Imperius.
- The Vengir are the only tribe that starts with a Tier Three technology.
- The Vengir are known to be ruthless and mean, making the day they cut off Midjiwan's left pinky a holiday (July 1st, Pinky Day) and calling fans drunk turtles in one of Midjiwan's Instagram posts. Find it here http://www.pictame.com/user/midjiwan/2306422004/1309553930119853044_2306422004
- The name ”Vengir” is a play on words from “revenge” in that the Vengir tribe was pushed into the wastelands and is fighting back.