Vengir is one of the 10 tribes in the game. There is much debate over their origins, although the most prominent ideas are a nuclear wasteland, Kazakhstan or a fantasy realm. The Vengir start with the Smithery technology, along with a Swordman.
In-game description:"Frowned upon by the other tribes and pushed back into the unpleasant wastelands. Will they tolerate this injustice or rise to fight back?"
- Fruit: Purple mushrooms
- Land: Black ground
- Forests: Dead sycamore trees with a few purple leaves and a skull on the ground.
- Animals: Rhino-pigs
- Mountains: Black spires
- Cities: Black spires, some with more points, some with windows and purple roofs
- Helmet: Gray, two spikes on the sides, one on top
- Color: Silver
The Vengir start off with one Swordman, and can create a second one in round 1. The Swordman gives a huge advantage over other tribes during the early rounds if you spawn near tribes. In 1v1's domination games, the Vengir can win games without losing a single unit.
However, the Vengir can easily lose momentum as their native territory has sparse resources. This means you must quickly capture neutral and enemy villages to get more income. Be careful though, as more villages captured means higher tech prices, as well as more enemies that will find you.
Strategies Against Vengir Edit
In the early rounds, Vengir AI tribes pose a huge threat due to their superior troops. However, there are ways to survive an early Vengir attack:
- City walls: The Luxidoor start off with a city wall. Since attackers often attack city units first, you can wear down Vengir at your capital, and then finish them off with warriors.
- Catapults: Quickly research Mathematics as soon as possible (4 or 5 turns) and build a catapult. One catapult can crush any Vengir that come close. Since Vengir use almost exclusively swordsmen even later in game, catapult rushing is a very effective way to deal with them.
- Don't go on the offensive: Sending a group of warriors to fight Vengir is usually a bad idea. When Vengir kill your warriors, they will get to move up to 2 spaces closer to your capital. Attacking Vengir with warriors could even make them heal and upgrade!