Temples are structures that give 100 points on being built & 1 population for a city when placed in its territory. Temples are achieved through discovering technologies (Ex: Free Spirit). Temples Increase in point value as turns progress which makes them very useful in the Perfection mode. All temples cost 20 stars except for the Forest Temple, which costs 15 stars.
There are 4 different varieties of temple in the game. Each one can only be placed on certain tiles.
Mountain Temples can only be placed on mountains.
Normal Temples can be placed on every other type of empty terrain.
Leveling up Temples Edit
Temples level up on their own based on how many turns they have been in-game. 1 Turn includes the turn they are built. Temples that level up increase in point value and also appearance.
Temple Chart Edit
|Level||Benefits||How to Obtain|
|1||100 Points + 1 Population||20 Stars (15 for Forest Temple)|
|2||150 Points||Upgrades after 3 Turns|
|3||200 Points||Upgrades after 6 Turns|
|4||250 Points||Upgrades after 9 Turns|
|5||350 Points||Upgrades after 12 Turns|
- Temples grant points over time so they are very useful to acquire & use during the early turns of the Perfection game mode, due to the fact that to win the player needs the most points.
- Place mountain temples on mountains without metal if Population is a need for your Cities as well.
- Place water temples on ocean tiles instead of water tiles so you can still have options to create Ports.
- Don't rely temples mostly for growing your cities since they only give off 1 Population and are very costly, but that doesn't mean you can't use them to grow.
- Although forest temples are cheaper at 15 stars instead of 20, remember that you could have grown the forest for 5 stars which really means the forest temples cost 20 stars. In most situations, it is wise to clear all the extra forests instead of saving up for Spiritualism, unless you have very leveled up cities.