The Battleship is a powerful sea unit, added in the "Power" update. It is unlocked with Navigation, and is the upgrade of Ship, having overall better stats. For a 15-star fee, you can upgrade an individual ship into a battleship. Battleships can move onto land from water tiles, but when you move back onto water via ports, the unit will become a boat again.
- Attack: 4
- Defence: 3
- Movement: 3
- Health: Varying
- Range: 2
- Skills: Scout
Strengths and Weaknesses Edit
Battleships are good for:
- Exploring. The Battleship's high movement speed and large line of sight means that exploration on the sea is easier than ever! As soon as you find land or a village, you can send a less expensive boat or ship to go explore it while your battleship focuses on other things.
- Heavy Bombardment from Sea. If one of these rolls up in your waters, it's probably not coming to sit down and talk over a tea with you. It means business. With the damage of a catapult and the defence of a defender, this beast is the ultimate destroyer. It can wipe out entire forces from the coast, clearing a path for your armies to invade.
- Quick and Powerful Retaliation. Someone's ship just attacked your giant in a boat? Got 20 stars to spare? Ship upgrading is like upgrading to Veteran: it does not consume your attack. If you're in a quick fix, you can max your boat instantly and make whoever dared touch you pay dearly!
Battleships aren't good for:
- Transport/Capturing Cities. The Battleship's high cost means that it would be a huge waste of resources to spend 20 stars on a warship, then blow it all when you land. Even if there is an open city, it is usually not a good idea to land with a battleship. Better to use cheaper ships or boats instead.
- The Battleship texture is different for every tribe on top of the back room. Aside from the colour changing, the back can differ widely from a pyramid with steps (Luxidoor) to a dome (Imperius) or even a castle (Hoodrick).
- When you move a battleship onto land, you will get a popup saying "Disembark Battleship", providing a confirmation message that you really wanted to move onto land, because you will lose the stars spent on upgrading from the ship forever.
- Instead of a rock or an arrow, the projectile shot by the Battleship is a fireball accompanied by a spark effect. It is the only unit to use a fireball.
|Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Giant, Boat, Ship, Nature Bunny, Mind Bender, Battleship, Scout (removed), Guard Tower (removed)|
|Ruins, Population, and City Upgrades|
|Ruins, Super Unit, Battleship, Technology, Explorer, Population Growth, Population, Giant, Park, City Wall, Workshop, Border Growth, Resources|